Optical O-to-U Band Transmission Optimisation Using Numerical Gaussian Noise Integral Model Result Dataset
Note: Version 2 is updated with improved computation time for model parameters and corrected Raman power evolution equation. Version 1 optimised_per_points.txt values are incorrect due to overestimation of ISRS. 101ch scenario results remain the same.
All files are formatted as csv, separated with \t (tab) character. Files include:
- fibre.txt contains SSMF parameters between 1.2µm to 1.7µm, including dispersion, attenuation, nonlinear coefficient and affective area.
- errors.txt contains calculated mean error between SSFM and integral model NLI across 1 to 101 channels and -2 to +6dBm launch power per channel.
- hyperp.txt is integral model parameter optimisation where x is average m steps per km, y is number of Riemann sums, z1 is computation time in sec, z2 is dB mismatch.
- ssfm_results2.txt is same as errors.txt but shows NLI for each channel for 101ch scenario and includes closed-form solution.
- optimised_per_points.txt contains optimised launch power for O to U band transmission, including launch power (p0), power at the end of fibre (p1), NLI, ASE, and SNR (total) in dB. It also has specific dispersion (D) and attenuation (att) for given channel.